Positive Life Tips is a community where people come together to share what they have learned in hopes of inspiring others going through a similar experience.
With millions of readers and friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Positive Life Tips reaches a large audience of people who are actively seeking to heal, grow, and better their lives.
We welcome original post submissions from anyone, of any age, from any location with a short bio to be included on the blog. Posts should not have been previously published anywhere else, including your own site.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD BLOG POST?
The most popular posts on Positive Life Tips have the following things in common:
- They are deeply personal. They pull the reader in emotionally, painting a vivid picture so the reader can relate.
- The advice isn’t cliché or oversimplified. It’s insightful and thought provoking, enabling readers to understand themselves and the world on a deeper level.
- They’re practical and actionable, when applicable. Not all posts need a list of things to do; in fact, some are more powerful without one. But when the topic warrants clear action steps, these posts deliver.
WHY CONTRIBUTE TO POSITIVE LIFE TIPS?
1. Your post will receive a lot of exposure. It will be promoted to more than one million friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Positive Life Tips increases traffic and subscribers to their blog
3. As a Positive Life Tips contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth.
- Aim for a word count between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
- Share a specific story from your life, with intimate detail. Don’t tell us you went through a hard time; show us. What happened? Who was there? What do you think caused this to happen? How did you feel when it happened? And after it? It’s important to share your lessons and insights, but the post will be far more powerful if you also share how you came to learn them.
- Offer insights and practical tips to help readers overcome similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a numbered list, but the story needs to build to a clear message/lesson for readers, something that might evoke an “A ha” moment for them.
- Include a quote or saying at the top of your post.
- Avoid referencing your blog, coaching practice, book, or speaking career in the body of the post. Your post should be more about what you learned by going through your experience.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
- Keep paragraphs to three sentences or fewer. Include a bio, sixty words or fewer, at the bottom of the post. You can include as many links as you’d like.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that links in the body of the post may be removed.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send your post in plain text to [email protected], with the title in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email.
- Upload a photo of yourself at gravatar.com (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio). Also, please include in your email the email address you linked to your gravatar account.
- Please only submit posts that you have written—not a post from a staff writer at your website or a client that has hired you for PR.
A FEW MORE THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
If your post feels like a good fit for the blog at this time, you will receive a response within one to two weeks. If you don’t receive a response, please feel free to try again with a different post.
You may be asked to revise to make your post stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
Your post may be edited for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it first.
Thank you for the positive energy you share, and for being part of the Positive Life Tips community!